It's All Paperless Now

About a year or so ago, I was surprised when I went to the ATM to deposit a check and found no envelopes to put my check in. I was so confused that I had to go inside the bank and deposit it with a bank teller. When I mentioned my confusion, she said that they're going paperless now. The machine is able to read the check, even cash so making a deposit is easier and more accurate. I was not unfamiliar with technology but that still surprised me!

I pay almost all of our bills now with ach check via billpay. I still use checks for paying people but even those days may be long gone. It's getting easier and easier to make bank to bank transfers to pay family and friends. One can even do it on one's phone now.

Do you think that there will be a time when paper will be totally useless?

0 comments: