The Litigators

I'm currently reading "The Litigators" by John Grisham. It's his latest novel (I think). It's also the first one I've read in a long while. I enjoyed reading his previous bestsellers like The Firm and The Pelican Brief so I had high hopes for this one. Unfortunately, I am not enjoying it as much as I had hoped. I am finding it boring and slow. I'm still trudging along only because I'm still hoping that it will pick up at some point soon.

The story basically revolves around a mass tort case against a big pharmacy.  It shows you the ugly side of business and law - pharmaceuticals that market and promise drugs that are not always safe and lawyers that pounce upon victims and push them to sue and hope for a big payday. I think this is one of the reasons why Medical Liability Insurance premiums are so high. DH who works in the medical field pays for additional insurance for himself just to be on the safe side.

Anyway, I am just glad that I did not have to buy this book. I was able to borrow it from the library. There was a long waiting list. It was something like 50 people long when I signed up so I thought that it must be good if there are a lot of people who want to read it. Oh well... lesson learned. Do not judge the book by the number of people of want to read it. LOL!

0 comments: