Don't Grow Old

The girls found a couple of strands of white hair on my head. I shook my head and replied, "Oh my, I'm getting old." Then we all laughed. End of story...or so I thought.

A few days later, out of the blue, DD3 came up to me and said, "I don't want you to grow old, Mom."
"Oh, everyone grows older, sweetie. You're growing older and bigger each day too, right?" I replied nonchalantly.
"But I don't want you to grow old!" She insisted as she hugged me tightly.
There was some urgency in her voice that I had to sit down and face her.
"What's wrong?" I asked, wondering where all these were coming from.
"Because you have white hair. And you'll grow old but I don't want you to die!!" she wailed, as she wiped the tears from her eyes.
I hugged her tightly, stroked her hair and assured her as much as I could that there was nothing to worry about.

I don't know what triggered her anxious thoughts. Was it my white hair? I don't think it's necessary to cover up my white hair yet nor to use hydroxatone for the lines and wrinkles in my face. But with her reaction, maybe I should! LOL!

0 comments: