A Simple Woman's Daybook ... April 29, 2011

A day in my life...

Outside my window ... it's dark. Everything is quiet. Night has settled in.

I am thinking ... whether I should still pop in the exercise DVD tonight. DH was out tonight so there wasn't anyone to hand Baby to while I exercise.

I am thankful for ... God's unfailing love and providence. "It would have been enough for us..."

From the learning rooms ... science experiments on the heart and lungs

From the kitchen ... cucumber tea sandwiches for our Little Flowers Mother-Daughter Tea Party earlier. I still have more of the spread, cucumbers and bread. I'll be making more tomorrow.

I am wearing ...well-loved (read: worn and faded) shirt and shorts

I am creating ... learning plans for the kids for the next 4 weeks. We are almost at the end of our school year and I am ready for a break!

I am going ... to exercise after I post this. Yes, I will!

I am hoping ... that the weekend will move slowly. I want to savor it.

I am hearing ... the ceiling fan blowing air around the room; the neighbor's dog barking.

Around the house ... all is calm and quiet and clean. I vacuumed and mopped today. Woohoo for me!

One of my favorite things ... to drink right now is Chai Tea Latte. I've been buying the Oregon Chai from Trader Joe's and mixing it with milk then pouring it onto ice. Ahhh...refreshing!

A few plans for the weekend ... work on the learning/lesson plans and attendance sheets for the kids, laundry, church and community assembly, NBA playoffs on TV.

Here is a picture I am sharing...
a year ago today, I snapped this photo. Written by DD1. A similar longing in my heart.

From the Simple Woman's Daybook.

0 comments: