30-Day Shred Day 1

Day 1 is done! It got done much later than I planned but I got through it nevertheless.

How did my first meeting with Jillian go? So-so.

The set up is that each round has 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio and 1 minute of ab work. There are 3 rounds for each level.

Of course, I did level 1 today. Jillian had 2 other women working out with her. I was too focused on getting through the workout that their names escape me now. I should get them name tags to help me remember! LOL!

Strength:
The push-ups were killing me! Even with the modified push-ups, I could barely get through them! I also had difficulty with the arm raises in the 3rd round. My arms were shaking towards the end and I could hardly raise those weights. I knew I had weak arm muscles and my difficulty in getting through these exercises just proved that!
Cardio:
To my surprise, I got through the 2 minutes of cardio fairly well. I was expecting to be huffing and puffing early on but that didn't happen. I felt my heartbeat racing. I was breathing heavier but it wasn't so bad that I had to stop for air. I take that as a good sign that I'm not as out of shape as I think I am. :) There were just 2 things I need to mention:
- I hate the jump rope part. My calves hurt when I do it. Am I doing something wrong?
- I need to remember to have an empty bladder especially when doing the jumping jacks. To other mothers out there, I've borne 5 kids and you know what that means!
Abs:
Difficult of course but I got through them. I noticed that my right side seem stronger than my left side.

All in all, it was a good workout. I think I'm off to a good start.

0 comments: