He Spoils Me Much

I am spoiled by DH. Yes, I am. It happens when I am pregnant. Somehow, he is more patient and loving. If there is one thing I enjoy about being pregnant, that is it.

I've been off bed rest now because I am 37 weeks. It is now safe for me to deliver this baby. DH, however, has been hesitant to let me move around freely and drive. However, yesterday, he had no choice but to let me drive. DS and DD1 had activities he would not be able to drive them to because of work. So I drove them there. It was a mere 5-minute drive from the house but it felt so good!

It felt good to be back behind the wheel and have some sort of normalcy. It felt good to have a sense of accomplishment. It felt good to be outside the house, running errands. It felt good, period.

DH was teasing me that I'm going to last to 42 weeks before I deliver. I begged him to not even say it as the mere thought is already unbearable.
"I want to give birth already!" I lamented.
"So you can start your weight loss?" he asked, knowing that I was going to be matron of honor at a friend's wedding.
"Not even close. Weight loss is the farthest thing from my mind right now. I've got plenty of time and I don't think I will even need hoodia gordonii to jumpstart my weight loss. Nursing this baby will do it for me."
"Why do you want to give birth already then?" he continued to pry.
"Because I am tired of being pregnant. I am tired of restricted activities. The sooner I give birth, the sooner I can get back on my feet and get back to living our regular homeschooling busy life!"

Then I paused. "I just want to be able to get out of the house more regularly."

"Let's go and do some grocery shopping," he suggested.

I suppose that will have to do for now.

0 comments: