Thankful

Happy Thanksgiving to all my friends and family in the US. This is a little late but I was busy enjoying the break with family. Hardly spent time on the computer over the weekend break.

DH was off for 2 straight days. It's been a while since he's had a day off so this was a welcome break. I think he most welcomed the chance to sleep in. :) Starting December, his crazy 3-week rotation schedule is back so it's going to be crazy busy again until March. I'm a little anxious about this change. We had gone through this sked earlier this year but I was not pregnant then. And we were not homeschooling yet. Despite my worries, I know that God will take care of us as He always have.

Back to our Thanksgiving celebration...

We kicked it off on Wednesday night by watching some videos of the kids when they were younger. Oh, so much laughter there! So much fun!

Thursday, DH had to work. He was home for Thanksgiving dinner with us. It was just us this year. I did not invite anyone else. This worked for me since I don't really consider this "my" holiday. I did not feel like slaving away in the kitchen. I got a half turkey from Trader Joe's, made some croissant rolls and green bean casserole. For dessert, we had my chocolate pecan pie. It was a good Thanksgiving dinner, with lots of love to go around. :)

The next day, we started our day late and hit some stores for black Friday shopping. In the evening, we had a post-Thanksgiving celebration with our group featuring Thanksgiving leftovers!

On Saturday, we took DS to his friend's birthday party and then took off for Riverside to pick up MIL's car. She flew to the Philippines for the holidays. While she's there, the car will be with us.

Today, Sunday, DH is back to work. :( The rest of us are enjoying the day lounging around the house and doing some chores. I don't want to go back to our regular sked tomorrow but it must be done. It was a nice break though. Looking at our schedule for December, I can see that it is going to be crazy hectic with Christmas celebrations and fieldtrips for the kids.

Indeed, there is much to be thankful for. God has been so good to us. I hope you are able to recognize God's goodness in your lives too.




0 comments: