Just Say No

In a lot of gatherings and get-togethers here, it is quite normal to come home with doggy bags. It almost seems a "sin" not to bring home any of the left-overs! Since we are a bigger household than normal, we usually are asked to bring him the most food. Normally, this is a good thing. Sometimes, the food we bring home is enough for lunch or dinner that we don't have to cook. That is always a welcome respite.

However, due to my gestational diabetes, I've asked that we don't bring home any more dessert. Just say no. "No one else will bring it home," they say. Well, that is not our problem quite frankly. Declining to bring home these sweets is not just a matter of aesthetics. It's not just because we need to be on a diet or that it's causing me acne that body acne treatments are in order. It is a matter of health. I cannot be around sweets as it will be devastating for my health and the health of my baby. Yes, I do not have to eat it but isn't it rather inconsiderate to give me something and tell me that I cannot have it because it is only for the kids? Lead me not into temptation, I ask.

So, from now till March, if we are invited to your party, please do not be offended that I decline bringing home any of the desserts you offer. I am not being rude. I am just being conscientious. I am simply saying no.

0 comments: