Perpetual Catch Up

We're into our 3rd quarter of the school year already and I have really been feeling the weight of the past year. Don't get me wrong. I know we made a good decision in homeschooling the kids and we will continue to do so. It's just that it feels like 2010 started out with so many interruptions and I'm constantly feeling like I'm playing catch-up all the time. School work is not too much of a problem. We were going ahead of schedule so the interruptions merely slowed us down and we are now simply on track, instead of ahead. What is really starting to bog me down are the everyday tasks at home.

Let's take laundry as an example.

I do a load of laundry every day so that it stays manageable and to keep me from getting overwhelmed. Well, I am now at that point. Or maybe I've even passed the point of being overwhelmed with laundry. I just want to give up! Why? Well, the laundry does not wash itself while you're away attending funeral services up north. It does not wash itself either when you go away on vacation to Hawaii. Ugh!

I am feeling overwhelmed right now just thinking about all that I have to do. The thing is, when I am overwhelmed, I freeze. I run away and end up doing nothing which makes the situation even worse. It's a vicious cycle that causes my possible need for hormonal acne treatment. Double ugh!

My house is in such a mess right now and the kids are sick. And DH started his Orthopedic fellowship this week. Right off the bat, he's on night float. How cruel is that! LOL! So, yes, my house is a mess. My kids are sick. And I am alone with no help. And what am I doing? Blogging... because when I am overhelmed, I run away from that which I should be doing.

Did I mention I am beyond overwhelmed?

4 comments:

Crystal | Thursday, March 11, 2010 6:01:00 AM

I think that's just what happens when you choose to homeschool. I think homeschool is latin for messy house, or mountain of laundry. ;o)

Joy | Thursday, March 11, 2010 9:33:00 AM

Is it really? I must've been absent for that latin class. ;)
Thanks for the encouragement!

Donna | Thursday, March 11, 2010 7:24:00 PM

hang in there joy...sending a quick prayer to you for strength. i oftentimes think what a complainer i am when i only have 1 kid who is in school the whole day anyway leaving me with a lot of time and yet sometimes the laundry does not get done. i admire you for doing so much!

Karen | Saturday, March 13, 2010 1:40:00 AM

what you do is something noble. neat and clean home always takes a backseat when it comes to your kids' education. Keep it up Joy.