Eating Healthy-er

Carrot sticks dipped in hummus. A snack I've learned to like. I realized that I really enjoy hummus so I've been taking advantage and using it to get me to snack healthier.
I like to eat. There is no doubt about that. I am not good at diets that will limit the food I eat. I think what will be more effective with me is to find alternative foods like these that are healthier than say, potato chips. Making small changes to my diet. Exchanging healthier alternatives to fatty, unhelathy foods. Learning to cook more healthily. In the long run, I believe that these small changes will be more effective for me that any of the top diet pills combined.
My other motivation for making these changes are my kids. I want them to make healthy choices for themselves. And the only way that can happen is if they see me making healthy choices myself. I do not want them to struggle as I do with my weight. They seem predisposed to my body type so they will really have to be careful. I want to expose them to healthy choices as early as now. For the most part, I've been doing well. They usually have fruits or yogurt for snacks. What I really need to work on now is to slowly wean them (and me) off processed carbs. I'm not sure if we will be completely weaned off rice but I want the time to come when 1/2 cup of rice will be enough to satisfy the hunger. That change will be for later. Right now, it's healthy snacking that's on my mind.

0 comments: