Menu Plan for Nov. 22 - 28

Have not shared our menu plan for a long time. Here's what we're eating this week - what are you cooking?

Sunday (Nov. 22)
Tempura

At Seaside: tempura
Originally uploaded by nicolegoes


Monday (Nov. 23)
Lasagna
I got the recipe from Connie at pinoycook.net. I'm finding myself borrowing more and more of her recipes. I did not follow this recipe to a T. What I took from it was her easy version of the white sauce. She uses cream cheese + cream + grated cheddar cheese. sounds good and easy, no? I like cooking lasagna but creating the bechamel sauce can be time consuming, accdg to my standards. Yummy!


Tuesday (Nov. 24)
Roasted Pork Loin with Roasted Garlic Vinaigrette

(Photo originally uploaded by dulamae) I got this recipe from Giada de Laurentiis over at Food Network. I love this recipe. The tanginess of the vinaigrette complements the saltiness of the pork loin perfectly. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. I cooked this while my brother was here and did not really care for the vinaigrette. I teased him that it was for more refined palates! LOL! Aside from the smell, I seriously love the aroma the fresh garlic gives. Mmmmm...


Wednesday (Nov. 25)
Baked Pork chops with Mustard & Yogurt

Another PinoyCook.net recipe. This will be my first time to try this so I have yet to give the official "verdict." I think the kids will like it. Not sure if the hubby will be too happy with the cream cheese/yogurt combination. He's not too fond of creamy sauces. But if I keep the sauce on the side and not smother the dish, I think we'll be good.


Thursday (Nov. 26)
THANKSGIVING!!
We're going over to our friends' house for this evening. They're taking care of the main courses. I'm bringing 2 desserts: Chocolate pecan pie & Chocolate Cheese pie. See the recipe for the cheesecake pie here.

Friday (Nov.27)
Chicken 1-2-3

Yeah, yeah...another pinoycook.net recipe... I'm not too obsessed now am I? I find that we like similar taste profiles so when I want to jazz up our menu, I find that I turn to her website for new recipes that are still familiar, in a way. This one's pretty easy to make too which is exactly why I'm cooking it this Friday. On this great shopping day, I don't want to stress over mealtime. LOL!


Saturday (Nov. 28)
Steamed Tilapia

Steamed Tilapia
Originally uploaded by Sifu Renka
Simple steamed tilapia with ginger, onions & tomatoes

0 comments: