Going Through the Motions

I don't wanna go through the motions
I don't wanna go one more day
Without your all-consuming passion inside of me
I don't wanna spend my whole life asking
What if I had given everything instead of going through the motion

This song has been playing on and on in my head for close to two weeks now. I'm feeling a sense of discontent within. Like I should be doing more than this. That my life has got to be more than just doing the laundry, buying groceries, changing sheets, feeding kids, driving to and fro. It just feels like life is becoming simply a series of activities. Each day moving into the next like I'm in a trance. In fact, I was so absent-minded the other day that I wandered into the dog supplies aisle in the grocery store when I don't even have a dog. Huh!

0 comments: