Top Chef is back!!

Woohoo!

One of my favorite reality shows is back. This and Project Runway are my favorite Bravo shows. This should be a really interesting season since they're in New York! I'm surprised it took them this long to get a New York season. New York is such a mix of cultures and it follows that there would be such a wide range of culinary treats right there in the city. If I lived in New York, I would probably be sampling new cuisines all the time! LOL! In fact, simply watching all these gastronomical delights makes me feel like I need to reach for some weight loss pills! Hahaha...

Last night's premiere episode shows much potential for this season. It looks like it's a good mix of styles and backgrounds so it should be interesting how these chefs will interact. From the get-go, Stefan looks like a really strong contender. It will be particularly interesting since Gail Simmons pointed out that all but 1 challenge 1 winners have gone on to win Top Chef. Interesting, huh?

Who else is watching it? Anyone in particular you're rooting for? I think it's too early in the season for me to have a favorite. There is a Filipino chef there - Eugene. He is unmistakably Filipino, from his looks and that thick accent that pops in every now and then. Don't know of how strong a competitor he is but I wish him luck and hope he stays on for a long tine, maybe till the end.

0 comments: