Summers of my childhood

As this summer is about to end, I see my children well-tanned and just enjoying the warm days. And I remember the summers of my childhood. I remember getting as tanned as my kids are too. We would spend days in the beach. We lived in an archipelago after all so beaches abound!

But a highlight of our summers were our trips to Baguio. Baguio is a mountain city in the northern part of the Philippines and has undoubtedly cooler weather. I really enjoyed those trips. Going to Baguio was synonymous to riding horses at Wright Park. Some saddles may be worn, some horses old but to me, it did not matter. It was truly a highlight.

My kids may not experience exactly the same experiences I had as a child but I think I can relate to their excitement when we tell them we're going to the beach. One of these days, I want to be able to rent a house by the shore and spend like a week there with the kids. Living by the ocean is definitely an experience I want the kids to have. To wake up and smell the fresh sea air is awesome. And then to have the sound of the waves lull you to sleep at night is just perfection.

1 comments:

DigiscrapMom | Friday, August 08, 2008 8:02:00 AM

i'm no swimming fan but the idea of living by the beach really excites me. the view has always been breathtaking. and i agree that the sound of the waves are helpful in putting me to sleep.