Post: Plans for 4th of July

Anyone have anything special planned for July 4th?

This is my late grandfather's birthday and my Dad suggested we drive down to San Diego to visit his sister and they can have a small get-together for his Itay's bday. However, my aunt is not available that day so this plan will have to be scratched.

DH is thinking of driving up to his cousin's at the Valley. We were there last year for the 4th as well. They usually have a BBQ for their friends and such. That might be something to do for that day. I've mentioned this to my mom and she said that they won't come with us anymore. They'll just stay home. They might get bored being at another house with people they do not really know. Plus, it's not really a special holiday for them, kwim?

What my Dad's really looking forward to are the possible Independence Day sales. He needs a new laptop. His current one shuts down by itself! It's probably overheating, that's why. I've suggested that he back up all his files already. He's been comparing different brands with variouslaptop memory and all sorts of specs. He's been consulting DH about it. They'll probably decide sometime over the next week.

Anyhoo, for those in the U.S., hope you have a happy 4th of July! I don't know if I'll be able to pop in here again before then. Be safe!!

1 comments:

Tylertopia | Thursday, July 03, 2008 8:06:00 AM

Have a happy and safe 4th too! We will be avoiding crowds and chillin out close to home, but still hoping to see some pretty stuff in the sky! :o)