First Beach Outing of the Summer

It's been a long time coming if you ask the kids. Ever since DD1 got out of school, she kept asking when we could go to the beach coz it was summer already. So, finally, yesterday, we took them to La Jolla.

First, we dropped off my parents at my aunt's place in Mira Mesa and then drove to La Jolla beach. We left the house nice and early - around 7 am, I think. DH had originally planned to leave at 6 am. We did not wake up early enough though. LOL! But 7 am was a good time. Anyway, we were the first ones at our area of the beach.

The 3 older kids had a blast right away. DD3, on the other hand, took some time to get used to it. This was her first official experience of the beach. Last year, she was a baby so she just sat under the shade and watched. This time, she was not a happy camper in the beginning. The feel of the sand was not something she enjoyed. But once, DH took her to the water, she was in absolute heaven! She is such a water baby, I tell you! Even with being knocked over by the waves a few times, she would still excitedly shriek with delight when water was rushing towards her. I did not get to take a lot of photos at the beach as I would have liked. I was afraid of getting the camera wet! LOL! Seriously, after I took this particular shot, a big wave splashed into us and the camera got a dose of some sprinkling. I did not want to risk it anymore so I kept a nice distance from the water. But then, the kids were always in the water thus the limited pictures. It made me long even more for a new zoom lens! *sigh*

After lunch, as people were starting to crowd the beach, it was time for us to go. We headed back to my aunt's place and the kids spent time playing with their cousin. My cousin's daughter is 2 months older than DD3 so it was really interesting to watch them play. My cousin, her husband and daughter moved back into my aunt's house. They had bought a house about 30 miles or so away but the commute was not worth it since their places of work were in and around the San Diego area. They're actually thinking of getting some foreclosure help with their property but are not really sure what they'll do.
Anyway, I tried to take a group shot of the kids but of course, this was impossible! LOL! This shot was already the best of the 10 or so shots I took! It was actually DD3 who was not cooperating! She kept moving and getting up.

All in all, it was a fun day. The grandparents were happy. The kids were happy. Everyone was happy.

1 comments:

Berto and Kwala | Monday, July 28, 2008 11:21:00 PM

she's getting so chubby! (pwera usog!)

it's always nice to spend quality time with the family. =)