Mail that letter!

Hubby: Honey, can you mail this letter for me? I'm running late for work and I won't have time to get this to the post office.
Wife: Sure sweetie...

Hubby gets home at the end of the day...
Hubby: Did you get to mail the letter dear?
Wife: Did you notice how clean the house is? I cleaned all day. Aren't the floors sparkling?
Hubby: Ok...but did you mail the letter?
Wife: I got myself all prettied up for you honey. You like it?
Hubby: Uh-huh...so did you mail the letter like I asked?
Wife: I was so busy doing all this for you. I didn't have time to mail the letter!

It's an amusing story with a lesson to be learned...

How many times have we been like the wife in the story when it comes to doing what God wants us to do? Usually, God's request is pretty simple and straighforward. But we dilly-dally... we do stuff that we *think* might please God, stuff we want to do to honor Him. While these other pursuits may not necessarily be bad, they are getting in the way of doing what God wants us to do.

Is there a letter you have to mail today? What has God asked you to do that you've conveniently forgotten to do?

2 comments:

DigiscrapMom | Monday, April 07, 2008 5:34:00 PM

Thanks for this reminder. It started my day right today, somehow.

*hugs*

Tylertopia | Tuesday, April 08, 2008 10:50:00 AM

Nice reminder! I guess I need to get off the computer and get some other stuff done today...hehe:o)