A review post: Yoga DVD

I received this yoga dvd in the mail last week. I've always been interested in yoga. It's been said to be very good exercise for the body. I've attended one or two sessions at my gym and they were soooo hard! LOL! And rather intimidating. Everyone seems to be able to do the poses while I'm at the very back, sweating and almost losing my balance and stuff. I know these people might have been like me at when they were starting but it's just really embarrassing to be at that point in a roomful of people who look like they know what they're doing. I have not mustered the courage to get back since then.

Admittedly, I was a little dubious about this yoga dvd. After all, I've tried out a lot of other exercise videos and even a pilates DVD but I end up giving up because I just could not follow or keep up.

This video, however, has given me hope! LOL! It is a very nice DVD that has the beginner in mind. I like that it has pose guides to help you make sure that you are doing the poses correctly. I also like that there are 6 different routines that vary in level and time length. There is level A for those who are absolutely new to yoga. And there is level B that you can graduate to once you feel you're ready to move on to a more challenging routine. In each level, you can choose from 3 different routine times: 30 minutes, 45 minutes and 60 minutes. I think that is awesome because for a mom like me, I really have no set schedule. One day might be a busy day and I can only have 30 minutes to do this. On another lazier day, I might have a whole hour to myself. At least, I can have that choice with this video.

When I first tried the routines, my daughters were "doing" it with me. They looked so cute. But I've decided not to do it with them anymore. Aside from the physical effects yoga can give, it's really supposed to help calm you and give you peace. Well, I can't get to that step when I've got girls constantly asking, "Are we done yet, Mommy?""Can we play after this?""You're hitting me!""No, I'm not!" You get the picture.

I'm hoping that I'll be able to do this regularly 'coz I really need to get back in shape.

2 comments:

Tylertopia | Sunday, March 16, 2008 10:32:00 AM

I've tried Yoga a few times. I didn't enjoy it but have to admit it stetched my muscles really well and I felt great AFTER just not loving the poses, etc. during... Like it or not, I know I will go back to it again one day. :o)

Hey, I LOVE your new banner!! Nice!

Joy | Sunday, March 16, 2008 11:02:00 AM

Thanks for the banner comment. Thought it was time for a lighter, more spring-like banner. :)