My parents are coming!

Yup! They're coming to live here soon - at the end of April. My kids have been waiting and waiting and are really excited about them coming. I petitioned them to live here. Honestly, I wasn't sure if they really wanted to move here. It would require a huge change in their lives and I wasn't sure if that was something they'd be up to doing, kwim? But one thing I've admired about them is that they really lift everything up in prayer. And this time was no different. They've prayed and discerned and prayed. It seems that God wants them to move here. What His plans are once they're here - we really do not know. But we are confident in God's divine love and providence.

One of my concerns is getting them individual health insurance. They're not eligible to be put as dependents on our health insurance so we'll have to get them their own. This is very important because they're advancing in age and well, health issues are cropping up big time.
Another thing we'll have to look into is getting a driver's license for my Dad. I don't think he'll be driving too far but it would be good for him to have one, I think.
We're also starting to fix up their room. What used to be the guest room will be their room when they arrive. We'll have to take out our stuff in there to make room for the stuff they'll be bringing. I wonder how much stuff they're taking with them. Hmmm...

Anyway, the next couple of months will prove to be full of exciting changes. And we pray that these transitions will be smooth and according to God's plan.

2 comments:

Tylertopia | Sunday, March 16, 2008 10:28:00 AM

So exciting! :o)

DigiscrapMom | Sunday, March 23, 2008 4:25:00 PM

I'm excited for your family. It won't be long! :)