A Post on Breaking Bad

I was surfing the other week and came across this interview with this actor, RJ Mitte. He is an actor who has cerebral palsy and plays a character with cerebral palsy on the show, Breaking Bad. Now, I admit that I've never heard of the show before reading that interview. Now, it's gotten my interest piqued.
I'm sad to admit that I know nothing about this disability. And I've always thought that they'd always have poor muscle control, etc. But I guess there are various cerebral palsy therapy approaches that are available so they have better control of their bodies. Very interesting indeed.
I think we need more of these types of shows. Not necessarily shows about a certain disability but shows that really reflect a cross-section of society. People with disabilities are a real presence in our society. How come they aren't represented on the screen?

0 comments: