Being neither hot nor cold

"A family without a commitment to the God of the Bible has no hope of stemming the tide of cultural onslaught. If we mix a little biblical truth, a little secular psychology, a little romance novel ideology, and a little eastern mysticism, we will get a deadly mixture of lies. Unfortunately, this is what many Christian families do . . . If we are to experience multigenerational faithfulness we must come to a place where we throw off the shackles of our culture and live in the fullness that is found only in Christ. We must be people who live the Word in our homes."
~By Voddie T. Baucham, Jr~


This was today's quote for the weekly writing meme, In other words. I haven't participated in it for the longest time. I stopped by yesterday to check out the quote. Honestly, this quote has struck a chord in me. I have not, however, fully, fleshed out my thoughts on it.
I feel like it's a reminder to me, to me and DH as parents. Maybe a little more than a reminder, more like an admonishment, perhaps?
It actually reminds me of Rev. 3:15-16 - "I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot; I wish that you were cold or hot.So because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of My mouth."
I need to gather my thoughts more about this. I just wanted to post it here before I totally forget.

0 comments: