Wildfires

Wildfires continue to rage on here in Southern California. Although we are not in direct danger, we are still affected as the air quality is so bad! Our view of the mountains is covered by smoke. DS thought it was fog - it was that thick! Please continue to pray for the thousands of families who have had to evacuate. I still need to check on my aunt who lives in San Diego to make sure her family is fine.
This is somewhat reminiscent of the fires just 4 years ago. That was much closer to us. We could actually see the fires burning the mountainsides. Just as before, strong Santa Ana winds have contributed a great deal to the fast-moving fires. I heard that there have been gusts of up to 100 mph!

1 comments:

Anonymous | Wednesday, October 24, 2007 5:19:00 AM

I'm glad you're not directly affected and you're out of danger's way. And I hope your aunt's okay.

*hugs*