Sunday Seven #9

We invite you to link with each of us in sharing our joys, concerns, victories, epiphanies, or whatever else you'd like to share. Our goal is to become a community in which we can take our minds away, for a couple of days, from the task of just "making it through the day" and focus on inner growth, self-improvement, new understanding, and thankfulness. As a community, we can each take strength from each other and offer encouragement to others as we get to know each other better.
Happy Weekend!!


This week, I'd like to share with you 7 Bible passages that bring me comfort and hope when I am not feeling particularly peaceful.

1. Jeremiah 29:11 - "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."

2. Psalm 139: 12-14 - even the darkness will not be dark to you; the night will shine like the day, for darkness is as light to you. For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

3. Romans 8: 31 - "What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us?"

4. 1 Corinthians 1:25 - For the foolishness of God is wiser than man's wisdom, and the weakness of God is stronger than man's strength.

5. Romans 8:28 - And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him,who have been called according to his purpose.

6. Psalm 23:1,4 - The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want...Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil,for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.

7. 2 Corinthians 12:9 - And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is perfected in weakness " Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, so that the power of Christ may dwell in me

5 comments:

Melli | Sunday, August 26, 2007 6:16:00 AM

Excellent choices! Have a blessed week!

Lazy Daisy | Sunday, August 26, 2007 8:32:00 AM

Wow, all great verses for sure. Thanks for sharing them. God always has a word of encouragement just when we need it.

lori | Sunday, August 26, 2007 10:27:00 AM

love them ALL, copied and pasted them as reminders!!
be blessed!!

Oldqueen44 | Sunday, August 26, 2007 4:08:00 PM

I hope God brings all the blessings in those verses to fruition in your heart this week.

Anonymous | Sunday, August 26, 2007 10:59:00 PM

SUPER Sunday Seven. I'm printing the Scriptures to read again. Thank you.