Slinglings

When I was pregnant with DS, my eldest, I read The Baby book by Dr. Sears. His concept of attachment parenting appealed to me. It seemed like the parenting style that I envisioned myself to have. He suggested the use of baby slings so I went out in search of one. I eventually got the sling he recommended. While it worked for us during the first few months, I did not feel comfortable with it once DS was getting more mobile. I was always worried that he'd fall or slip off. I felt it was too big for me. I tried to adjust the length but I still was not 100% satisfied with it.
With our second child, we decided to get a baby carrier. We only had a single stroller and we decided that when going out, it would be better to have the baby in the carrier instead of getting a bulky double stroller for the baby and DS. This one we used a lot when we'd go out. DD1 loved it. We actually still use it. It has survived so I suppose you can say it's durable. It's been useful but I was still wanting a sling that was easy to use and something I could use at home. The baby carrier was just too complicated with all the snaps and buttons for everyday use. There was no way I could easily take a sleeping baby off the carrier without waking her up.
So, it was with great delight when I saw these baby slings from Slinglings. I love that they have different sizes. And it does make sense, doesn't it? If you're wearing your baby, one size just cannot fit all. You'd want a snug fit. That was the main thing lacking with the first type of sling I had. With this one, I knew I'd have a good fit.
I also love their choice of fabrics! And there is a lot!!! Who says you gotta be confined to those baby-ish fabrics. I wanna be a hip babywearing mama and my sling should reflect that! LOL!
I got mine in a size 23 (I am short after all) and in an Eden Toile Stretch Sateen fabric. It was very easy to use. It comes with a booklet to show you how to use it, accompanied by photos. If you need more info, their website is very easy to navigate and there are instructions there too. If you still need help, they can be easily reached thru email or if you're local, you can call them too.
My general impression of the company is that it's a nice homegrown company that takes pride in the quality of their work. And when you're dealing with stuff for your children, you'd want products from companies who care about you and your children. And that's exactly how I feel about Slinglings and I would not hesitate to recommend them to friends.

1 comments:

Mia Castrillo | Tuesday, June 02, 2009 9:01:00 PM

Joy!! Parehong pareho tayo! I am a Dr. Sears fan. Hahaha! I first learned about AP when my DD1 was 4 months old. I found a book in a small bookstore (The Ministry of Parenting by Dr. Sears) and I thought it reflected my outlook on how I want to handle my children. I started using a carrier with DD1 but my DD2 was the certified Sling Baby. At that time (2003) wala pang available na slings here in Phils. I borrowed mine from a friend from Canada. When DD3 was born I used slings and pouches also. Heaven! And breastfeeding was so much easier! I'm just so happy na we have the same experiences. :D