Domestic Bliss

Before we were married, DH and I had talked about our plans for our family. He indicated that he wanted to be able to provide for our family enough so that I could choose to stay home with the kids and we could still live comfortably. Back then, I felt that I was going to be a working mom. I just could not picture myself as a stay-at-home mother. But when I had my second child, I knew I was going to give up my career and stay home to care for the children. And I have never regretted that decision. In fact, right now, I absolutely have no desire to work outside the home. I feel that at this time of my life, our home, beside my children is where I belong.

When DH and I were talking about his going back to school, one major concern was whether we could afford it. We talked about the possibility of me working part-time somewhere to augment out income. I explored different work at home opportunities. But in our reflections and prayers, it did not seem that it was the path the Lord wanted us to take. So we did what we did. He stayed on as part-time nurse at his current job while I continued to be a stay-at-home mother. And now, 2 years later, I look back and I am grateful. I know that it could only have been through God's grace and providence that we survived the 2 years with barely any income from DH's work.

Two friends who had been away had dinner with us 2 Fridays ago. During the course of our conversation, one commented that I seem more relaxed and zen-like now compared to our last dinner together 2 years ago when I just had my 3rd child. It made me stop and think. and I can only come to this conclusion: This peace can only have come from the grace of God. I can hardly describe our home a peaceful place. With kids running around, voices can be heard at every corner of the house it seems, clutter appearing seconds after being packed away, the house sometimes resemble a place where a storm had just blown over. Certainly not a place I would describe as peaceful. Yet my friend detected a sense of peace. Yes, we have peace and joy within us. I suppose people can see that amidst the seeming chaos of our lives. I suppose they glimpse the peace and bliss we have in our hearts knowing that we are doing our best to follow God's will.

2 comments:

Anonymous | Sunday, August 26, 2007 11:51:00 PM

This is really a great company. Check out the company. They are backed by the BBB and have a 100% gurantee.

Impressive.

www.foxyjewelry.com/blog for more information.

Anonymous | Monday, August 27, 2007 1:42:00 AM

I think you made a great decision Joy! My sister has three kids and two of them are still small and honestly I think that it's much much better if she's the one who's taking care of her kids especially during those constructive years. I'm amazed how easily those kids learn and it's such a waste kung hindi sila natuturuan. Lucky for her, my dad's already retired and he looks after my pamangkins kahit meron silang yaya.