Happy Birthday!

Hubby's bday today!!!

Happy birthday honey! Thank you for all that you do and all the you are to our family. I am truly blessed to have you by my side at all times. I feel secure knowing I have your love to keep me safe.

Although his bday is today, we went out to dinner last night because he had a light day at school yesterday. This is sort of a 2nd celebration already since on Father's Day, SIL had treated the whole family to a double celeb for Father's day and DH's bday. The scrapbook page I made was for that celeb. Click on the photo for the credits.

But it did not seem right to me that we were not going to do something special for his bday. So, yesterday, we went to Claim Jumper. DH picked up MIL too so she can have dinner with us. SIL followed since she was coming home late from work, I think. BIL was working till 10:30 so he could not join us.

Unfortunately, I did not get good photos. I forgot to charge the camera's batteries. Silly me...shoulda been prepared! One thing that we finally started last night was a tradition in my family that I've wanted to do for so long. On bdays, we usually "honor" the celebrant by telling him/her how much he/she has touched our lives or basically what we are thankful for the most. I prepped the kids earlier during the day, asking them what they liked the most about Daddy. DS said he liked it when the went swimming together so that's what he thanked Daddy for. DD1 thanked Daddy for taking them to the park to play. DD2, well, she said "I love you". Then I thanked him for being a good Dad and husband and provider and other mushy stuff. Kept it short so as not to bore the kids! LOL! Essentially, it was short but sweet. But I was pleased that we were able to do it. I'd like this to be a real tradition for the family.

1 comments:

Anonymous | Wednesday, June 27, 2007 12:54:00 PM

I'm sure Dex had a grand time!!! You all looked so happy and full :)

Belated happy birthday to your DH!