Father's Day weekend

How was your Father's day weekend? Ours was good and nice.
Our beautiful weekend started on Friday night. We went out on a group date with 3 other couples. We had dinner at Cima, a restaurant at Pacific Palms hotel. Our friends had chosen the place, not knowing that it was buffet night on Friday. It worked out well for us because they had a HUGE selection of food - yummy food!!! Foods that I loved - lobster, uni sushi, seared ahi, oysters, lamb chops, roasted duck, seaweed salad. There were a lot more I don't even remember. I did not get to sample all that the buffet had to offer. It was that much! DH got some escargot. It was huge!!! I'm so used to the "kuhol" we get in the Philippines that are so tiny but yummy. DH said the escargot was really good. It had a smoky flavor. I just could not get past how big it was and it really was a snail, kwim? Oh, they also had fresh fruit shakes that were really refreshing! The night was just full of yummy goodness.
Then on Saturday, we met DH's family for lunch at Rainforest Cafe. It was the first time we got to eat there. SIL treated us to lunch to celebrate Father's day and DH's bday which is coming up next week. Funny quip: When SIL asked my kids if they had eaten there already, DS and DD1 said, "No, we only look from the labas(outside)" Hehehe... The resto is inside the mall and there are some robotic animals that move by the entrance. We usually just take the kids there and they have fun looking at the animals.
Anyway, after a long lunch, we hit the mall. We mostly window shopped. We usually take the kids to the play area of The children's place so they were really disappointed that the play area was being renovated. The girls all fell asleep while we were walking around. Thank goodness for the double stroller. DD1 and DD2 were on the stroller while I was wearing DD3 on the infant carrier.
After the mall, we went to the 5 pm mass and then went to the park. The kids were so excited. I was tired. Even though my feet were killing me, it was really beautiful to see them with DH just playing. And doesn't that say a lot of DH - that he would choose to spend his day doing something he knows would please the kids more than anything. DH is just really selfless that way. Boy, do I love him!
By the time we left the park, it was almost 8 pm already so we were all famished. It's funny how time just flies during the summer when the days are longer, huh? Anyway, we went to Pho Ha for some vietnamese food. Yummy food again!
When we got home, we were all tired but happy.
On Sunday, we spent the day at home. I woke up to find DH and DD2 playing "Perfection". I woke up the older kids so we could give our presents to DH. We gave him a shirt and this album I had made. I adapted the Bible passage from 1 Corinthians 13 - Love is patient and kind... {View credits HERE} I then prepared brunch then did some grocery shopping. DH napped while we were watching the US Open. Sleep is DH's luxury!
It was my type of weekend - a mix of just enough activity and down time to simply be with each other. I kept telling DH that I was so haapy we were spending time. Perfect weekend - we were able to spend time as a couple and time as a family. It was the perfect recharger!

How was your weekend?

2 comments:

Aggie | Monday, June 18, 2007 5:38:00 PM

It's good you were able to spend time with hubby Joy :D Seems like a great weekend :D

Anonymous | Tuesday, June 19, 2007 4:14:00 AM

oooooh this album is beautiful! great job!