May Day Weight Loss Challenge



Ok, so DH has been bugging me to start exercising again. He is concerned that I might develop diabetes in light of my gestational diabetes during the last 3 pregnancies. I know I should do this but have no motivation for it. It is hard when there is no support, y'know? I'm hoping that joining this challenge and posting here on my blog will make me accountable and give me the push the start getting fit. this much I know, that I do better when I am externally motivated. I do not do very well motivating myself.

I am hoping to lose about 15 lbs. That will get me to a healthy weight range. And I want to keep it off! That's part of my goal - to lose and keep the weight off! I hope to lose at least 1 lb a week. That's doable right?
I've seen myself on the heavier side all my life. I actually feel "thinner" when I am pregnant because I eat healthier because of gestational diabetes. Thank goodness I haven't gotten it full-blown yet.

How do I plan to reach my goal?
1. Cut out sweets.
2. Drink more water.
3. Go to the gym and use that membership I've paid for.

I'm doing this. Anyone want to be my weight loss buddy?

2 comments:

Robin | Tuesday, May 08, 2007 12:32:00 PM

I'm a fellow dieter and just wanted to drop by and wish you luck. Motivation is the biggest challenge for me too. Keep trying - you will get there!

Aggie | Thursday, May 10, 2007 4:57:00 AM

I can be you diet partner Joy :D Let's do it!!!!