Sunday Seven



In spite of my ongoing dental saga, I choose to find the positive in what I am experiencing. So here is my Sunday seven - a list of things to be thankful for regarding my root canal:

1. I have an awesome dentist! He is available anytime for emergency calls. And even when his office is closed, he'll open it up to see just so your pain is relieved. He is very reassuring and gentle too - making sure you are comfortable.
2. The dental office staff is soooo helpful too. When I could not reach my dentist because he was off that day, Linda, the secretary tracked him down. And she'd call me to update me and ask if the Dr. had contacted me yet. Truly awesome patient care!
3. We have a dental insurance that will pay for 80% of the root canal and 50% of the crown. Whew!
4. Anesthetics - I can't even imagine how painful it must be if this procedure was done without numbing me up! Yikes!
5. Advanced technology - Digital x-rays were done right there as I sat on the dental chair. Images were immediately available to my dentist so he had a better view of what needed to be done for me.
6. My mom is vacationing with us right now so she is able to care for the kids while I make my weekly trek to the dentist, so it seems. Imagine what a burden it would have been to have to go look for someone to take care of the kids while having this awful toothache?!
7. I have learned my lesson: Because of this experience, I will never again let years pass between dental appts.

5 comments:

Melli | Sunday, April 29, 2007 4:28:00 AM

I must say I am VERY impressed! Anyone who can find 7 positive things about a root canal experience is AMAZING in my book!!! ;) And you made it look easy!!! WOW!

Jane | Sunday, April 29, 2007 6:05:00 AM

Going to the dentist is not always fun but, when you go regularly, it is a good thing to do.
My hubby is having a good bit of dental work done. He had a root canal and goes this week for a crown and we do NOT have dental insurance!!
Thanks for visiting my Sunday Seven and for using one of the headers I made!!!

Melanie | Sunday, April 29, 2007 5:51:00 PM

I do NOT like going to the dentist and it would be hard for me to find anything positive about it. But it is certainly better than being in pain. Thank you for the reminder!

Anonymous | Sunday, April 29, 2007 11:21:00 PM

Wow! I can't believe you actually came up with 7 things to be thankful for... I'm impressed!

DigiscrapMom | Monday, April 30, 2007 9:38:00 PM

I have been putting off my visit to the dentist. I better get my b*tt off and do it.

I'm amazed at how you're able to see something positive out of a root canal. I'm glad I don't have to go through that procedure because I heard it's really painful.

*hugs*