It's in small things too

I was trying to complete a scrapbook page about my DH and his father. A short history: DH's parents separated when he was small. His father was not a part of his life at all. In 1998, he first came to see his father after more than 18 years. But no other contact ensued. Then in 2005, when we first came to Manila to visit, we came to see him. It was his first time to meet me and his grandkids. Since then, we've more or less remained in touch. Not so much since we live in the US and he in the Philippines. But we stay in touch as much as we can.

It was a picture of that visit in 2005 that I wanted to scrapbook and I was searching for the perfect quote or phrase to accompany my page. I just could not seem to find one. Then as I was searching in one scrapbook resource cite, I came upon a passage - Malachi 3:24. And wouldn't you know it - it was the perfect passage for the page.

"He will turn the hearts of the fathers to their children and the hearts of the children to the fathers."

I immediately thought, "Wow, even in small things/trivial matters like these, God knows how to address my need!" I mean, it wasn't like it was a big thing. I would not have been devastated if I did not find this passage. But when I found it, it just felt like He was also interested in the smallest details of my life. I don't know if I'm even able to explain clearly how this felt.

It just felt WOW!

0 comments: