Hand in hand



“Remember, we all stumble, every one of us.
That’s why it’s a comfort to go hand in hand.”
~ Emily Kimbrough ~


It is a comfort to go hand in hand with someone - someone you trust, someone you know will lay their life for you when needed. And I'm blessed to have that someone in my life.

My husband has been a great blessing to me. God could not have picked a better partner for me ( as if God would ever make a mistake right? LOL) And I am thankful each day that he is the man I married. He's been holding my hand. And I've been holding his. Sometimes we stumble together. Then pick ourselves up together. Sometimes, he stumbles and I try to hold him up so he doesn't fall flat on his face. Sometimes, I stumble so he carries me to ease the pain of my fall.

This is how he's been to me the past several months. He's been carrying me to ease my pain even when he's got his own load to carry.

Each morning, before he leaves, he comes to me while I am laying in bed asleep, puts his hand on my head or shoulder and prays for me. He prays that I have a good day. He prays that I am able to deal with the children patiently. He prays that I stay happy and positive even for just that one day. Then he prays for our baby - that our baby grow healthy and strong. It's really just a short prayer but it means a lot to me. It tells me that he is thinking and praying for me. It tells me that he's got my hand and knows this is just what I need.

Thank you, dear husband, for holding me up. As we journey through this life together, I will continue to hold your hand as you hold mine. I pray that we continue to be the face of Jesus to each other. I love you so much!

2 comments:

Anonymous | Tuesday, August 08, 2006 3:16:00 PM

The power of a praying husband...it is awesome isn't it??

Amydeanne | Tuesday, August 08, 2006 7:44:00 PM

very sweet! Thanks for sharing. It really is wonderful to hear about great hubby's!