Fantabulous news!

I just got accepted into my first creative team ever!!! I am now a member of Misty Cato's creative team. My term runs for 3 months. I am sooo excited to be working with her and her designs!

For my non-scrapping readers out there (like DH whose first question was, "Do you get paid for that?"), being selected for a creative team is a wonderful thing. While it does not bring monetary compensation, you get the kits that these designers create for free. In turn, as a member of the team, you are to create scrapbook pages using the designer's said kits. The # of layouts and how much time you are given to make them depend on the designer. The main purpose of the creative team is to showcase the designer's kit - to sort of advertise them at the different scrapbooking galleries. Personally, being selected is a boost to my self-esteem and confidence in my ability to create beautiful scrapbook pages. While all my family and friends gush about my scrapbook pages, to be recognized by fellow scrapbookers and designers seems to carry more weight. I had applied to other creative teams before. But this is the first time I was accepted so I am really excited! Woohoo!

With that said, I'd like to share with you 2 layouts I made using Misty Cato's Blue skies combo kit available at SBB. This is DD-18mos with her grandaunt and granduncle during my cousin's wedding in June. This was the first time they met but was immediately sweet on them. That's my aunt, my dad's younger sister.

This next layout was also made using Misty's Blue Skies combo pack. This is a particularly dear one since it's the ultrasound I had last week. These were the images that seemed to wake me from my stupor. And I really am doing much better now. I am happy and accepting of my situation and embracing it. I'm still a little anxious about labor and delivery (even if I am a "seasoned veteran" by now! LOL) but a song that keeps echoing in my head helps me go through those times when anxiety creeps in. I keep telling myself that I should really only listen to God and this anxiety is not from Him.

Voice of Truth by Casting Crowns
Chorus:
But the Voice of Truth tells me a different story
The Voice of Truth says, "Do not be afraid!"
And the Voice of Truth says, "This is for My glory"
Out of all the voices calling out to me
I will choose to listen and believe the Voice of Truth

1 comments:

popuri | Sunday, August 20, 2006 7:16:00 PM

Nice scrapbooking... and CONGRATAES on being in the team!
I've never done scrapbooking before but it looked fun... how do I start?