Reliance on Technology

Why have we gotten so dependent on gadgets? It seems like I've been paralyzed by my misbehaving tech stuff.

Our computer has been acting up. Even as I type now, I pray that it won't shut down on me. It's been sooooo slow also. I have not done new scrapbook pages for over a week because my computer just won't cooperate. I've diligently backed up my files to our external hard drive just to make sure our pics and stuff are safe in the case of a crash.

When did I become such a techno girl? I'm even considering getting my own hard drive just to back up my OWN personal files. Geesh!

And then, yesterday, our car won't start!!! The kids and I were all set to take DS to school and then off to our last MOPS meeting before the summer break.I stick the key into the ignition and ... silence.... nothing happened. It was dead! And there was nothing I could do. DS insisted on going to school so we walked to school instead. It was about a 30 minute walk from the house. It was quite a workout as I was pushing the double stroller with my 2 other kids in there. And it was hot out too. It was mid morning but already in the 80's. Good thing, my BIL was on his lunchbreak so he could pick up my son from school. It would have been utterly dreadful to walk under the noontime sun!

DH hasn't inspected the car yet. His finals week is next week so he's pretty busy. So, for now, we are stuck in the house - carless! There were errands I had lined up to do. They will have to wait until the car is fixed. There were events planned for the weekend that we will not be able to go to. That is the downside of living in Southern California, I guess. Public transport system is not a very developed system. Everyone depends on their own vehicles. Then again, I don't know how I would fare using public transport with 3 young kids in tow.

Hope your week is ending better than mine. We're forecasted to have 90 degree weather over here. Hot! Hot ! Hot!

0 comments: