God is good!

Just want to share about God's goodness...

Last week, I found a need to go through our budget and creatively re-arrange it. DH has moved to the day shift at work. And though this set-up benefits our family in terms of spending more time together, etc., it has also set us back in terms of his paycheck. With him working nights, he was being given night differential which I found out is quite substantial. It amounts to close to $200-300 a month! This is quite an amount considering that we are a growing family, with mortgage to pay and car payments to make. This was going to be a challenge. Obviusly, we'd have to cut back on our expenses, particularly our non-essentials. Clothing tops the list. We don't spend much on clothing, mind you. Target and Walmart are favorite haunts. I hardly go to the mall to buy clothes unless they are very good sales. But with a toddler and a preschooler who are growing like crazy, I have to get them clothes regularly. I've been creative though... like buying them clothes a size or two bigger at the end of the season clearance prices.

Anyway, that night, after I had figured out a way to rearrange our budget, DH comes home with a bag, no... 2 bags of clothes for DD. Where'd that come from? It so happens that he has a pregnant co-worker who was getting rid of her DD's clothes because she found out she was having a boy so she has no need for her girl clothes. And these clothes were in good shape too... some were up to size 4T... so I guess, I will not have to buy DD clothes for the next couple of years!

As I was getting ready for bed, I could not help but be thankful. Was it coincidence that on the same day that I was wondering how to stretch our budget to meet our famil's needs, we are given 2 bags of clothes? It may not have been much, but it sure is evidence to me of a wonderful and loving God. It was just enough to nip my needless worrying in the bud. God does provide. In one way or the other. I just have to open my eyes wider and see the little things that God does to show me He is my heavenly Father.

0 comments: