Black thumb?

If green thumb is what you call someone who has the magic touch with plants, what would you call someone who has absolutely no talent in keeping plants alive? Black thumb? Whatever it is called, I am it. I just have no talent for gardening.

If I had some talent for gardening, I would like to have a small vegetable garden. Since we cook often from scratch, it would be awesome if we could just pick out our veggies from our backyard. It is just so unfortunate that neither my mom nor I are skilled at gardening.

If I had some talent for gardening, I would also plant a small cutting garden. I would have a small patch of different types of flowers that I can cut to use to decorate at home. I love the look of fresh flowers at home but I frequently do not have the budget to finance weekly trips to the floral shop. Even with coupons for proflowers, it would still be much too expensive to have fresh flowers all the time. If I had my way, I'd fill my home with flowers to brighten up every corner of my house. Having fresh flowers just make me smile.

Since I have no talent for gardening, I just hope that one of my girls have inherited their grandma's green thumb.

0 comments: