Read All About It!

I love reading! I always have. I remember being tucked away in my room, reading Nancy Drew novels at a young age.

I'm not exactly sure when I stopped reading books for pleasure. I think it was between the time I gave birth to my second and third babies. I just did not have the time anymore. I would fall asleep even before getting through one page. I would have reading spurts now and again like the time I read the Dan Brown novels or the Twilight trilogy. Earlier this year, as I was on bed rest, I read the Hunger Games trilogy and The Girl with...series too. Awesome reads, by the way.

I have rediscovered my passion for reading courtesy of the ipad. It has made reading so much more convenient. One thing about books is that they can be bulky. They're sometimes a little hard to manage while lying on the bed, particularly when nursing. LOL! The ipad makes it so much easier. I love it!

What's gotten me really excited too is that I can borrow books from the library using the Overdrive app. Awesome! I've gotten book recommendations from a friend and some of the books are available as ebooks from the library. I'm going through them one at a time. She has a number of foodie books - memoirs of chefs/culinary people that detail their lives in the kitchen, quest for restaurant funding, etc. I'm currently reading Blood, Bones and Butter: The Inadvertent Education of a Reluctant Chef by Gabrielle Hamilton. It's a fun read so far. I am currently at the chapter where she is employed by catering businesses. I'm not sure I want to eat at a catered event again in the near future. LOL!

Some of the books awaiting me are:
Novels by Sarah Addison Allen
Ken Follett novels
Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
Books by Anthony Bourdain

I'm getting excited just looking at these titles! Guess where you're going to find me this Thanksgiving break!

1 comments:

Donna | Tuesday, December 27, 2011 4:04:00 PM

love foodie books! those are all i seem to read these past few years =). if you can, try to find "home cooking" and "more home cooking" by laurie colwin and the classic "a year in provence" by peter mayle. "clementine in the kitchen" by samuel chamberlain is also a heartwarming read. for a memoir by a chef, i really enjoyed "the apprentice" by jacques pepin.

awesome that you can borrow e-books from your library! wish we had that here in japan too.