Digiscrappin' Groovin'

After monthssss (I believe my last page was done way back in June) of neglecting my scrapping, I was inspired to do 2 pages yesterday!! I was thrilled!
I have not been feeling too inspired to create anything. I would plop myself down in front of my computer and just stare at the screen. I sometimes force myself and try to get out of the rut but the page would not come out right.
I decided to walk away for a bit. The "bit" part became longer than I expected. I had neglected my creative side. Even my photography was set aside. I became too busy with real life - being a wife, a mother, a homeschooler, a homemaker... and the list goes on.
But the creative side is a part of me too. And it slowly asserted itself and forced me to pay attention to it.
Yesterday, it did not want to be ignored any longer and the mojo flowed!
Boy, it felt good!
It felt good to have gotten the story scrapped. It felt good to do something creative. It felt good.
Scrapping will be a little different for me now. I have less time. I will have to go back to buying supplies since ScrapArtist has closed. I'm going back to basics and making my scrapping about the pictures and stories and less about the supplies. I'm not sure if I'll be active in the digiscrapping world again, posting my layouts in galleries. For a time, it became tedious and took too much of my time. I'm going to scrapbook for me and my family. I will share with my friends and family through this blog and Facebook. There will be no deadlines. There will be no pressure. I am going back to doing what I love. I'm going back to the reason why I started to scrapbook in the first place. I'm going back to what makes me happy.

1 comments:

Gabi | Thursday, November 18, 2010 6:19:00 PM

I feel the same way, Joy! That's why I quit designing and I just enjoy my life without stressing about deadlines and all the "useful" stuff.
Love your page! Hope everything goes well with you, your pregnancy and your family!
Love,
G.