My Happy Place

Manoa Falls Hawaii... you are my happy place! Whenever I think of Hawaii now, I cannot help but smile. Beautiful memories fill my mind, my heart skips a bit and I get small flutters in my stomach.

I'm not sure if it has something to do with Hawaii in particular but I feel like I've come to associate this as our special place. We went to Hawaii in celebration of our 10th wedding anniversary. More importantly, we spent several days with just the 2 of us. We never really much chance to be together, just the 2 of us. We had a long-distance relationship before getting married. It was characterized with a lot of video chats and emails and phone calls. Actual time spent physically together was minimal. When we got married, I found myself pregnant soon after.

In Hawaii, I felt like a honeymooner, without the cares of a parent. And it felt good. It felt good to reconnect. Lately, I've been thinking of Hawaii a lot. And it's filling me with a lot of joy and beautiful memories. During that time, I was also able to lose weight which always is a positive experience. There really was not any negative experience associated with that particular vacation at all!
DH and I were talking one night and I wondered out loud when we would be able to visit Hawaii again. He said in another 10 years or after 4 more kids, whichever comes first. Ha! Well, we're one kid down so 3 more to go! LOL! I don't know if I want to go back to Hawaii that badly. Maybe the memories will suffice.

0 comments: