An End of an Era

So Lost ended last Sunday. Sigh. I cannot believe I still get kinda choked up when I think about it.

After that final scene, I was still not sure if I liked it or not. So many questions were left unanswered. Yet I felt so connected to the episode. I think I was not quite sure what had just happened. It took a while to figure it out, with some help from online Losties and fellow Losties friends.

I've always thought that there was a spiritual dimension to the series. I think that those who do not recognize this as an essential theme were the ones who were most disappointed with how the series ended. They must feel that they were duped or something.

I, on the other hand, was quite comfortable with the whole spiritual aspect of it. The producers of Lost has already declared at the start of this last season that not all mysteries could be answered. It would just be impossible to address everything. And besides, as "Mother" said in her episode, any answer would simply lead to more questions. It would really be a never-ending discussion. I don't think that any explanation would truly satisfy everyone so best leave the mystery of the island as is.

The more I think about it, the more I see the beauty of the finale. The series was truly well-wrapped in the end. I loved the reunions. You bet I cried when Jin and Sun remembered. And I bawled when Sawyer and Juliet were awakened. I was actually clapping! LOL!

There was a blog that discussed about the sideways as purgatory. I don't recall exactly which blog it was. Sorry. Everything seems all jumbled up from reading all these interpretations/readings. I cannot tell apidexin reviews from the next one anymore.

Anyway, one interesting point that this blog pointed out was that this sideways world was a holding place where one could work out your issues of your past life before you can finally let go and move on. It does not redeem you nor does it totally erase the wrong you've done. And to be able to make peace with your life, you should not have been trying to atone for your wrongdoings or at the very least, have genuine remorse for the wrong you've done before you died. The writer pointed out the case of Anthony Cooper. He was an evil man who did not seem sorry for the wrong he had done. In the sideways world, he is stuck in a paralyzed state unable to resolve his issues because he had not made any attempt at this when he was still alive. He is stuck in this purgatory and cannot move on.

I can go on and on with all these interpretations but I think I'll best leave them to experts. LOL! All I know is that I am sad that it's over. I think I will want to watch it from the start and see if I might have missed some things that could've pointed to this finale.

0 comments: