I Feel the Earth Move Under My Feet

Last Saturday, a 6.5 magnitude earthquake hit Eureka, a city in Northern California. Fortunately, it seems that there are no fatalities and no major damages to infrastracture and homes.

Last night, a much smaller quake hit our area, a magnitude 4.5. I personally did not feel it but maybe it was because I was on the treadmill at the time of the quake. My in-laws felt it though, esp. MIL who is very scared of earthquakes. I read in some articles that quakes of this nature are quite common, being that we are in California.

It may be minor but it was a good reminder to always be ready. Have extra food and water handy. Have an emergency plan for the family. Update emergency cards. Remind the kids what to do and where to go.

I'm certain that a number of businesses have activated their business continuity services just in case an emergency or a disaster hits. It is always good to be ready for anything. Much much better to be ready than be sorry. ;)

0 comments: