A Glitch in the Plan

A few posts ago, I mentioned that we were planning to drive up to Bryce Canyon in Utah this coming weekend. Everything seemed to be all set except for one glitch - DH said that he was asked to work on Saturday. Boo!

I'm still praying and crossing my fingers that a miracle happens and he does not have to work. For now, we have 2 options: a) not go with our friends even though we've paid for our accommodations and all or b) I drive.

Option B seems simple enough - but it's a loooong drive... I've never driven that far. Plus, I've still got to be the mommy. So aside from getting tired from the driving, it will still be me to take care of the kids during the stops, etc. There will literally be no break for me, I fear. I'm not sure if I'm really up to that.

On the other hand, I'd really like to go. I think it's going to be a fun outing for our family. I'm trying to psych myself up that I can do this. It is a semi-Vegas vacations trip after all. On Friday, we spend the night in Vegas then drive to Utah early Saturday morning. At least, it won't be the 8-9 hour drive straight.

I'm still still praying that DH will be able to come. Could you sneak in a prayer for this intention too? Thanks!

0 comments: