Chocolate Heaven

Janet Phillips over at the dailydigi.com shared an easy chocolate cake recipe a week or two ago which she, in turn, had gotten from the everyday celebrating blog.

It only takes 5 minutes!! 5 minutes to chocolate lusciousness.

This is dangerous. Definitely dangerous for me. I like my cooking to be quick and easy. The only reason I don't bake cakes a lot is because it takes too much time and I don't have a lot of that. But with this, I will seriously need the best of the best diet pills ever! Oh my goodness!

I have not actually tried it so I cannot attest to the yummy factor of it personally. I wanted to do it this morning so I could also take a pic but looks like I ran out of cocoa. Hmp!

Here's the recipe:

4 tablespoons of flour
4 tablespoons of sugar
2 tablespoons of cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons of milk
3 tablespoons of oil
3 tablespoons of chocolate chips (optional)
A splash of vanilla extract
A coffee mug

1. Add dry ingredients to mug and mix well.
2. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
3. Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
4. Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla extract and mix again.
5. Place the mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes at 1000 watts.

Don’t be alarmed if the cake rises over the top of the mug!

The blog suggests letting it cool, taking it out of the cup, cutting it in half, put in a plate and top with whipped cream, some berries and more chocolate chips. That would be nice too. But I think eating it straight from the mug would be just as awesome! LOL!

0 comments: