Saying Goodbye to ER

This Thursday marks the end of the 15 season run of the NBC show, ER. I've been a fan of the show from the beginning and seeing it end is bittersweet for me. I don't know why it was so groundbreaking aside from it seemed so realistic. I've been reading articles on how the show used techniques and filming methods that were a novelty at the time. I don't understand what those mean. All I know is that I enjoyed watching it.
In all honesty, I was starting to lose interest in the show the past couple of seasons. But when I heard that this was going to be the last season, I made sure to watch every single episode. I was particularly interested in whether they were going to show the beloved characters from the first few seasons - Dr. Ross, Nurse Hathaway, John Carter, etc. I think it was 2 episodes ago when they showed Dr.Ross & Nurse Hathaway now married with kids working in Seattle. I truly enoyed how they weaved their storyline - a peek into their lives - into the episode without making it cheesy or overly sentimental.
Anyway, this Thursday will be the last episode and I will be right in my couch watching it. Grey's Anatomy & Private Practice will have to be DVR'd.

0 comments: