I did the Zumba!

I mentioned here last week that I was going to give the Zumba class at my gym a try. Well, last Wednesday evening, I braved it and went to the class.

I arrived a little early but did not see anyone on the class floor. I decided to wait by warming up at the elliptical machine. What a warm up, huh? LOL! It was just about 5 minutes, then I saw some ladies coming in for the class.

There were only about a dozen or so of us there. The instructor reminded us that we should not compare ourselves to the others in class. She said that our bodies move differently from each other. The class was an exercise class and not a dance class so precision in movement was not the goal, rather, just move our bodies to the music and have fun basically.

I had fun. It did not seem like an hour had passed, which is a good sign, right? The way she set up the class, the music was not one continuous mix of latin dance music. You know how in aerobics classes, the music seem like one continuous loop? In this class, we started and ended different sets that had different steps too. Some were faster using salsa-like steps. Another was a slower dance with more rumba-like steps. It was a nice mix.

If there was something I'd like to get better, it's the way the instructor conducted the class. She did not seem prepared that day. As she was teaching us the steps for the dances, she would stop and start and stop again, as if trying to remember her choreography. It just did not seem professional, kwim?

Anyway, I like the class enough that I'm willing to overlook that. Too bad that the class is only offered on Wednesday evenings. So, now you know where to find me on Wednesday evenings. Hope I can continue this even once school starts for the kids again.

0 comments: