Trip to beautiful Sedona, Arizona (pt.1)

We're back!!! We're back!!!

Oh, it was a wonderful trip to Sedona - totally gorgeous and breathtaking. There are so many pictures I want to share but it could take me forever should I upload them all to the blog. So, a few highlights will do. Besides, the pictures can never give justice to the beauty of the place. It was simply breathtaking. You know how there are places that visiting it once does not seem enough? Sedona is that way for me. I feel that I can go back over and over again to the place and not tire of it. If I were ever to get a vacation home or even relocate completely, I'd move to Sedona in a heartbeat.
This was the view once you get out of the resort we stayed in. Breathtaking, isn't it? This pic was taken from inside the car so pardon the slight reflection on the left side over there.

The weather was scorching hot (100 degree temps) but the scenery more than made up for it.
We arrived there on Thursday and stayed at the Wyndham resorts. My aunt has a timeshare and invited us to stay with them. The unit we stayed in was just the right size for all 10 of us.

It was about a 7 1/2 hour drive from our house so our bottoms were pretty sore by the time we reached Sedona. I think we only stopped once through the drive.

I must say that the staff over at the resort were just a delight to deal with. We arrived at the resort way before my aunt did. She and her husband flew into Phoenix airport and was still about an hour away when we arrived. We asked if we could check in on their behalf and the staff willingly checked us in, and an early check in at that too! I've been to other resorts and hotels where they insist on having the person whose name was used for the reservation check in himself so I was ready to wait at the lobby for my aunt to arrive. Anyway, we got ourselves checked in and settled at the room. We didn't do much that day anymore. The kids were really excited to jump on the beds. Haha... Plus, there was a whirlpool tub in our room. We were given the master suite because we were the most. Hehehe. There were 2 other beds at another room, plus a sofa bed that the 2 couples shared(mom and dad, aunt and uncle). The kids had their bath in the tub and were absolutely ecstatic!!!

Will share more stories maybe tomorrow as there is still a mound of stuff I need to get to. How nice it would be if we could come home from vacation and have all the chores done for us, right? I'm going to need a vacation after I finish with all the chores that's facing me right now! LOL!

Here's a sneak peek of the place we visited on Friday. Another gorgeous place.

1 comments:

DigiscrapMom | Thursday, June 26, 2008 4:22:00 PM

breathtakingly beautiful!!! thanks for sharing your travel stories. it made me feel i was with you during the trip :)

happy weekend and have fun!