Hybrid scrapbooking

Ever since the hybrid team was formed over at ScrapArtist, I've been in awe of all their talents. Cathy, in particular just wows me with her hybrid layouts. I've been wanting to really try my hand at honest-to-goodness hybrid pages. Sometimes, the thought of creating hybrid mini-albums is kinda daunting, y'know? But if I start with just one hybrid page, then maybe I will get it done.

My one concern though is printer ink...hmmm...
I have an HP Photosmart all-in-one - printer, copier, fax, scanner. I wonder how much ink I will be using with printing my own papers and stuff. With this all-in-one, there are a variety of inks I need - Hewlett Packard toner cartridge for the copier, regular ink for regular printing and photo inks if I want more vibrant picture printing.

I've been surfing the web to look for some printer ink deals and coupons. There are a number of sites out there that offer deep discounts, even on name-brand ink cartridges. DH and I had bought one of those refill ink kits a while back, Initially, we were excited because we were going to save on inks. Then, the novelty wore off and we realized it was really more work and a lot messier than we wanted. Since then, we've pretty much stuck to buying ink cartridges over at Costco, at least saving us a couple of bucks than getting them at regular office supply stores.

But with me diving into hybrid scrapbooking, I know that I will be using the printer a lot more. With that in mind, I've been reading up in ways and tips to saving ink. Here's one tip I found from the site: http://www.inkjetdeals.info

"Sway it. When your printer warns you that your ink cartridge is running low, it's not yet time to replace it! Remove the ink cartridge from the printer and sway it softly from side to side, and then reinsert it. This will redistribute the last little bit of ink in the cartridge and often get you several more printed pages. You may even be able to repeat the process more than once to get some additional pages."

Interesting, huh? That's definitely something I'll be trying!

0 comments: