Cancer

I heard last week that Patrick Swayze has been diagnosed with pancreatic cancer. I feel so sad for him and his family. Of course, it isn't a death sentence or anything but I've heard that this type of cancer is usually detected in the later stages already. Did I hear right?
Anyway, just last year, the father of a good friend of mine was also diagnosed with this type of cancer. In fact, the doctors offered a grim prognosis saying that with their recommended treatment, he was going to maybe have at best 6 months. My friend decided to research an alternative drug treatment. I forget now what it is exactly called but looks like it's working. Coupled with loads of prayers, it seems that the cancer cells have been contained in the pancreas now. On the initial diagnosis, it was found to have spread to his liver. God is so good, isn't he? And my friend has time and again said that she feels like she was led to find this alternative treatment by God. And despite the higher costs, they were able to gather some funds. Indeed, God is good all the time!

0 comments: