Transfiguration

Last Sunday's Gospel came from Matthew and told us of the Transfiguration of Jesus. As I was listening to Fr. Jerry's homily, I really liked what he had to say and it struck a chord in me.

He said that we are tasked to go through a transfiguration of our own. When we let who we really are as children of God shine through, then we are transfigured. We let God's Spirit within us to emanate. And so we become a light. This hits home - to my very core. As you may have noticed, I feel that this is what God has asked and continues to ask of me. You know that profile I have right there in the sidebar? It continues to be true - from the time I wrote it more than 2 years ago until today. I continue to read it especially when I'm feeling particularly discouraged.

When we allow ourselves to go through a transfiguration, we get to see the world with different eyes. We see God's hand actively at work at every aspect of our lives. Things are not simply coincidences or luck, good or bad. Instead, we see that these are things or people that God sends our way to nudge us or encourage us. I believe that God is actively working in each of our lives. He may take the form of our parents, our spouse, our children, our friends or maybe even a random person that you come in contact with. It is up to us to acknowledge Him.

And so during this special season of Lent, I pray that we are transfigured. May each occasion of sacrifice, time of abstinence and fasting become an opportunity to allow the light of God's image shine through us. Goodness knows that in this dark and dreary world, we need more people to become light - pointing the way to the source of all life.

2 comments:

Tylertopia | Thursday, February 21, 2008 9:19:00 AM

Loved reading this. :o)very nicely written.

DigiscrapMom | Friday, February 22, 2008 7:22:00 PM

This post made me stop and think for awhile. Thanks for all the words of encouragement and this post of yours really made me feel better and more comfortable about the way things are right now.

*hugs* and thanks to you for being a source of inspiration.