"Desperate" apology

I have not been watching Desperate Housewives. I used to, in its first season. I thought it was witty and funny in its own way. But by the second season, I lost interest. It had become to me another primetime soap opera. And I was just not interested in it. So, I was unaware of the one-liner that insulted the Filipino community until several friends had forwarded me an email to sign a petition demanding for an apology from ABC. Watch this clip for yourself:


"Some med school from the Philippines"?!?! Excuse me! Just because we are not a first-world country does not mean that the quality of our medical education is not up to par to first-world standards! I think the "joke" was created by a mind with limited experience and that has chosen to stick with preconceived stereotypes about other nations and its citizens.

It seems that the outrage of the Filipino community has reached ABC because I saw this apology posted at MSN.

1 comments:

Tylertopia | Friday, October 05, 2007 7:14:00 PM

I'm glad there was an apology (even though the comment should not have been made in the first place). People are just seriously ignorant and narrow minded sometimes. It's sad really. I don't watch this show either. I have never watched it.