Her Space: My Space - Jug

Jug
A container from which eases the pouring of liquid. Show us your jugs! A-hem.


So weird. I was looking for water jugs for today's prompt but could not find anything. So here's my jug - a milk jug. Fresh milk is in demand in our home. It's gone down considerably since I stopped giving milk to DD1 in her sippy cup. I told her that she's a big girl now and needs to drink it from a real cup. Still, we go through about 2 gallons of milk every week and a half. I'm projecting that next year, we'll be up to 4 gallons a week once DD3 starts on whole milk instead of baby formula/breastmilk. That's where we were at last year.
Now, I'm not complaining about their milk consumption. In fact, I encourage it. Growing up, I was not much a milk drinker. Fresh milk was hard to come by in our place. We were given powdered milk mixed in water. I still recoil at the recollection of the taste and texture. Not something I enjoyed at all. I don't think my parents were milk drinkers either. They were, and still are big coffee drinkers, for sure. And nothing of the instant coffee types for them too. Only fresh-brewed coffee with bold robust flavor! I grew up loving coffee because I was exposed to it so much. Several years ago, some friends gifted my Dad with an espresso machine. He was very excited about that "toy" but I don't think they got it working at once because no one knew how to use it. LOL. It was too complicated I think. If I remember correctly, it was DH who got it working when we were there for a visit. DH is quite handy with gadgets and stuff. My Dad, not so much.

5 comments:

Bobs | Wednesday, September 26, 2007 11:25:00 AM

I've always loved milk. It has to be whole milk in my cereal and to drink, but I use semi-skimmed for tea, coffee and everything else.
Love the shot of your milk jug! lol :)

Lima | Wednesday, September 26, 2007 11:32:00 AM

Great idea!! I have skimmed milk in everything because I don't like the creamy taste of 'proper' milk, lol!

Sue | Wednesday, September 26, 2007 12:29:00 PM

Our milk is in jugs like this too :)

I have no idea how much we use but I am constantly replacing empty jugs!

Bye for now

Sue

Terrie Farrell | Wednesday, September 26, 2007 1:11:00 PM

Loving how you've taken this photo....now realised why we call them jugs! LOL

pokettiger | Wednesday, September 26, 2007 2:17:00 PM

Very creative idea! Well done!